I wanted to post an update, just to let you all know how things are - mostly cos people are asking and rather than keep repeating myself I figured I can just point you all here!
Today hub is the worst I have seen him. His wound has started to look quite angry; it's hot and swollen and horrible. It seems obvious there is some infection. It seemed to just be on the surface so I wasn't too worried, but it's now looking to be deeper.
When I spoke to him tonight, he didn't seem quite there at all- he was vague and didn't seem to understand me. Watching him try to do anything seems to run in slo-mo. It looks as though he can't make his body move as quickly as it should. I didn't want him to be fading away before our eyes, but it feels as though that might be what is happening right now. Hopefully if there is an infection it should be easy to cure, but there are other worries too. Before the accident, he had a heart condition. He'd been on medication for around five years for it but when they were trying to stablise his condition on life support they withdrew it and the condition never returned. A few days ago, though, he commented that symptoms had returned. Quite honestly, a heart condition is the last thing we need right now... more medication on top of the heap he is taking already is going to be a nightmare!
Anyway, that's where things are now...
Still not heard from the hospital, by the way. Seems they forgot about us once the surgery was done with!
We don't even know if he should be going back for a follow-up or anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment